Sunday 29 December 2013

Do You Ever Feel Like Your Opinion Is Wrong?

Hello There!
I have been reviewing books (on this blog anyways) for only a few weeks now and I have started to think about why I was hesitant in making this blog in the first place. There had been a few reasons but one big reason was; what if my opinion is wrong?

When I read a book and dislike it, I feel that I am being negative without reason. Even when I do read the book again and again and come to the same conclusion of disliking the book(s),I still feel like I have missed something.


 Books like Evernight and the House Of Night are raved about by bloggers but I just do not see the charm. I go back and reread those books and torture myself until I finally realise nothing in this book will satisfy my need for, what I feel, is a good book. Am I reading it wrong? Am I missing something? Are a few questions that go through my mind.




And then sometimes I am even told that my opinion isn't valid in many heated Goodreads arguments (mostly about Twilight) but in this situation I definitely know my opinion isn't wrong. It's Twilight.


At the end of the day, as a blogger, I have realised that I have to voice my actual opinions in my reviews, even if it is an unpopular opinion, because at the end of the day you may save someone from making the same horrible mistakes you did and buy a book that they may not like. People trust you enough to make honest reviews and not false reviews because you feel self conscious about making a negative or even a positive review that may not be popular.

What do you think about this topic? Do you ever feel like your opinion is wrong?

Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment